Drinks & Decor: Bloody Mary
Finishing up our series pairing design and drinks – we round out the holiday season with a modern bachelor pad paired with a Bloody Mary, inspired by the color of the living room’s design.
In the sumptuous San Francisco apartment above, featuring a lampshade and high pile rug in Pantone’s color-of-the-year Marsala, the decor exudes luxury that makes you want to mix a cocktail and have a seat. The fabrics were selected to provide tactile enjoyment and invite lounging. Clear Lucite nesting tables and hanging Aarnio bubble chair allow the eye to travel across the space more freely while giving the feel of space-age technology.
To enjoy this living room fully, we recommend a Bloody Mary, a drink often consumed by the characters on Mad Men. Get more pairing ideas on our Pinterest board Drinks & Decor – Pairings!
- Pour some celery salt onto a small plate
- Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass
- Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated
- Fill with ice and set aside
- Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice
- Shake gently and strain into the prepared glass
- Garnish with a celery stalk and a lime wedge
For a non-alcoholic version, how about a Virgin Mary? Mix tomato juice, 3 sauces, lime and a couple more ingredients you can find via our Pinterest.
If you need help designing an indoor space that impresses, contact Kimball Starr today!
Kimball Starr Interior Design is an award-winning San Francisco interior design firm specializing in contemporary interiors. Kimball Starr “changes lives one room at a time” by creating interiors tailored specially for you.